Tuesday, May 18, 2010

End of the Year Breakfast

Mackenzie's Kindergarten Graduation is tonight! I'm guessing that will be a whole separate blog posting, so I'm posting some pics from yesterday and today right now. Mackenzie received a Willow Tree Angel, Courage, as a part of her graduation present from Nona (my mom). She is extremely proud of her special gift!
This morning we (David, Mackenzie, Josiah, Granna, Z-pa, and myself) attended a breakfast at school for Mackenzie's class from 8:00am to 9:00am, and then one for Josiah's class from 9:00am to 10:00am! What a memorable morning! Above is a picture of Mackenzie with her friend, Avery. All the kids signed each other's year books today.

Here's a picture of Mackenzie receiving her award from Mrs. Haluska. She was presented with an Almond Joy as she is always joyful. She comes into the classroom in the mornings with a smile on her face and seems to always be smiling. Neat award! I am proud of her.

Mackenzie with Mrs. Haluska, her wonderful teacher. This was the last day of Kindergarten. Actually, yesterday was the last full day. Today is simply the breakfast (out of dress code!) and graduation tonight. Big day, indeed. We presented the Shutterfly book I made for Mrs. Haluska today, too. I think she likes it. :) Each child has a page in it, full of pictures from the year. The last few pages of the book are quotes directly from the children. Kinda like interviews with them. I have a copy for Mackenzie, too. All the kids signed the inside page of the book. They were proud of that!

Then we headed to Josiah's breakfast. I like this picture of him with his best buddy, Kameron. Brady is the girl on the other side of Josiah. They, too, are buddies.

Mrs. Missi with Josiah.

Mrs. Missi with her whole class full of kids! Aren't they cuties?! Back row from left to right: Brooke, Kenley, Ava, Mrs. Missi, Lexi, Josiah. Front row from left to right: Brady and Kameron.
They have a great class and have had a wonderful year in the 3's MDO.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

The end of kindergarten is so memorable! I can't wait to see the post from graduation. And I'd love to see Mackenzie's special Shutterfly book...great idea for the teacher! Will and I made a kindergarten scrapbook last year after school was over...it's a neat memento.