Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tiki Pineapples

Several years ago, when David and I were in Cancun, we enjoyed some type of fruit drink out of a "tiki pineapple." Today, a grocery store was selling pineapples for .99 cents each! We were excited about the price, and David surprised us by buying four of them! Mackenzie, our crafty kid, LOVED getting to help her daddy build the tiki pineapples!
And since the price on pineapples was SO good, David and Mackenzie made one for each of us!

Then David let the kids choose between chocolate or vanilla milkshake. Josiah chose vanilla, and Mackenzie chose chocolate. The kids loved drinking their milkshakes from the pineapple head!

Two very busy kids. :)
What fun for all of us! Thanks, David, for taking the time and energy to do something special like that for us. Love ya!

5 comments:

Salza Family said...

SO CUTE! You always give me the best fun project ideas!

April said...

OH! Shellie, if you make them I most certainly want to see some pictures! :) I'm glad you like the idea.

Kim said...

Love this!

Cindy said...

You guys do the neatest things together!!! I'm sure the milkshakes tasted great in those cute little tiki pineapples.
I had such a wonderful time visiting with you guys Sunday. I look forward to lots more visits this summer!

Cindy said...

That is hilarious! Did the milkshakes taste like pineapple, too? You guys are cre-a-tive!!