Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shoes

Mackenzie has a craft book, full of ideas. In this book she found a page about decorating your own shoe laces. Taking it a step farther...he, he...she and her friend, Audrianna, decided they wanted to decorate their own SHOES. They have talked about this for weeks now. Somehow the end of the school year came and went, so I was pleased to be able to get the two girls together today to decorate their shoes. Mackenzie and I were able to find plain white canvas shoes at Wal-Mart for $5.00. I figured for that price, they can decorate away! Mackenzie picked out fabric markers and iron on's to use for decorations. I think the girls did a great job with their shoes! :) (The bare feet in the above picture belong to Josiah.)
He had fun playing with his new DS that he received from Nona & Mzee and David and me for his birthday. More about his birthday coming up soon...maybe in a post tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

Cindy said...

April, your playdate activities are putting the rest of us moms to shame! You.must.stop. Just kidding! Looks like fun! ;)

April said...

Cindy, you crack me up! Really, they are not my ideas. I just borrowed them. :)

Holly Aytes said...

Taylor used to have a pair of shoes that she decorated...think they have been passed onto Coy now :) We are all about crafts especially when all the cousins are together as it is a cheap, fun activity.