Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Tea

Here's a quick update of our garden. We even have some tiny green tomatoes growing out there! Another view of the garden.
Green beans, okra, cucumbers, tomatoes, squash, and peppers.


Today was the "Mother's Day Tea" for Josiah's 3 year old Mother's Day Out class.
When I arrived, Josiah was sitting at his table with two pieces of paper made especially for me!

Here's Josiah and his best buddy, Kameron. These boys are just a little over 2 months apart. As hard as it is to believe, Josiah will be 4 years old on May 24!

Here's Josiah with his WONDERFUL teacher, Mrs. Missi. She has done an amazing job of setting a positive tone for Josiah's whole educational career! We love Mrs. Missi!

Sweet pic of Josiah and Mrs. Missi.

Here is one of the two papers Josiah made for me. You may have to click on the picture to make it big enough to read. It is priceless!!! They were told to draw a picture of their mom. The one in the middle is me as a baby. The one on the left is me as a little girl. The one on the right is me all grown up! That's how Josiah explained the picture to me today. I love it!!!

Above is a hand print flower of Josiah's hand with a sweet poem, too. My favorite part is that I now have a laminated copy of Josiah's signature! He's been writing his own name, all by himself, for quite some time now (at least since last semester). Pretty impressive for a little guy who's still 3 (for a few more weeks)!

I loved the interview so much that I typed up one with Mackenzie after school today. The above sheet of paper is hers. Her answers were precious, and you can see her signature and her drawing of me, too!

This is a picture that Mrs. Missi had saved from August 2009. Josiah drew it himself. He told her that it was him with his soccer ball. (The assignment was to draw a self portrait.) Well done! He was 3 yr 3 mo at the time!
This picture (above) is of Josiah "all growed up." He drew this self portrait this week (May 2010)! Kids are hilarious and totally priceless. I have had a wonderful Mother's Day already!!! I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day, too! :)

5 comments:

Sara said...

I'm impressed with your garden! Wow! I wish we had a sunny backyard to try out growing veggies.

The Mother's day pictures are precious. Miss you guys!

Kim said...

I love this idea, April! I'm going to copy your interview questions and have Jordan ask them to the kids for part of my mother's day! How precious. Thanks for sharing.
I forget Josiah and Jackson are so close-Jackson will be 4 on May 25th. Seriously, where does the time go?

Cindy said...

Sweet, sweet post, April! I loved seeing what the kids said and did. And Josiah's name writing IS very impressive!! Way to go, Josiah!

Cindy said...

Where has the school year gone?? Can't believe it's almost over. Looks like you had a very special Mother's Day Tea with Josiah. I remember having a tea with Lauren last year when she was in the 3's class. Josiah's face and smile are precious in those pictures.

Ginger said...

Ryan's class did something similar to Josiah's. I may have to steal your idea and post mine b/c they are hilarious!
Thanks for sharing. And your garden does look great!