Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day and Grandparents

We are enjoying a visit from David's parents this week. It was convenient to get some updated pictures of us all together at church this morning! I was pleased with how they turned out. The six of us together.
Z-Pa and Granna with Mackenzie and Josiah. I love how this one turned out of all four of them!

Here's a picture of David and me that Mackenzie took for us today! Not bad for a 5 1/2 year old! She didn't even have it set up on the tripod or anything. :)
Thanks, Mackenzie, for a great picture.


Here's my two boys. Aren't they handsome?! We have to "catch" Josiah for pictures these days. He's always on the go and seldom stops long enough to pose. :) David scooped him up and we snapped the picture of the two of them laughing. I like it!

And, since this past week was the last full week of Kindergarten, Mackenzie invited some friends over to play. (We'd been meaning to have them over for quite a while, but the year nearly got away from us!) Above is a picture of Mackenzie and Savannah. Sweet girls!

They enjoyed decorating their own shirts.

On Mother's Day (yeah, I'm behind on my blogging) we ate lunch at Sam's Club after church and then went swimming! The evening before David and the kids took me to eat at The Butcher Shop. We figured it would be too crowded to eat out on Mother's Day! Anyways, we had a wonderful day.

And since I had not had any recent pictures with my two precious kiddos, David snapped some for me...in the parking lot at Sam's Club! We forgot while we were still at church with all the nice greenery around us. :)

I like how the quick ones at Sam's turned out, though. :)

David made a collage picture for me, gave me a picture frame that says "Mom" and has the scriptures from Proverbs 31 about her children and husband praising and blessing her. I cried. I love those verses and am so humbled that he found a frame like that and bought it for me! He also gave me some new (really nice!) flip flops and pajamas, too. It was truly a wonderful day. I feel incredibly blessed and loved. (Josiah was too busy playing to come join us for the above picture.)
I suppose my next post will be about Mackenzie's Kindergarten Graduation, which is this coming Tuesday night...followed by Josiah's 4th Birthday later this month! Busy times, but wonderful.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Okay....I love the mother's day pictures at Sam's! That's awesome! I ended up having Mother's Day lunch at McDonald's in between going to church with one grandmother and then the other. Ha! But, Chris and Jack took me out on Friday night. I definitely think that's the way to go!!!

Kim said...

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day-you are one of the neatest mother's I know. Such an encouragement and example to me!