Thursday, February 28, 2008

Easter Cars!

Tuesday afternoon I went to work for a short time (4 hr shift), and David kept the kids here at home. While Josiah napped, David and Mackenzie had some "Family Fun" together. They made these cute Easter Cars! I saw the idea in a magazine called Family Fun. (Thanks to my mom and Mark for the annual subscription!) It has some really simple yet cute ideas. We are enjoying using some of their ideas for fun projects to do together. I picked up all the ingredients earlier in the week...David and Mackenzie put the Easter Cars together. It made for some fun Father-Daughter time and yummy treats, too! The ingredients: Swiss Cake Rolls, Peeps Bunnies, Life Savers, Jelly Beans, and Icing for the glue.

Can you believe Easter is in less than one month?! Seems pretty earlier to me!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

How cute. I need to get that magazine, too. I can understand your apprehension about sending Mackenzie to school. As mothers we don't really like to "let go" of our precious little ones because nobody does it like Mama! I'm so glad she had a great first day at school!

Ginger said...

So cute! I want to make Easter Cars now! The boys would love that! Did they get eaten up quickly?

Cindy said...

That is a great magazine...so many neat ideas. I subscribed to it for a while, too. Are you going to send the picture in to the editors? You should!

April said...

They only made three, and one of them is still sitting in the kitchen! They really do taste good, but a little goes a long way. Sending the picture in would be fun...maybe I need to look into doing that...how, exactly, do I do that?

Granna and Z-Pa said...

Fun idea! You all are so wonderful to give your children such neat experiences.