Wednesday, April 16, 2008

7 Random Things About Me

Dallas & Nikki tagged me to list 7 random things about myself. I think this is the first time I have ever been "tagged," so here it goes:

1. David and I love to travel. We have been to 4 of 7 continents. We dream of going to the other 3 continents at some point in our lifetime. We can dream, right?! We have been to North America (umm, obviously), Europe, Asia, and Africa.

2. I am not a morning person. One of my biggest pet peeves is a beeping alarm clock. If I know there is a beeping alarm clock set, I will wake up before the crazy thing goes off in order to turn it off before it starts its beeping! That is how much I do not like them. I am very thankful that David uses a CD with nice, soft music as his alarm clock! I actually don't even here his in the mornings, which is a blessing since he gets up at 5:30am to get ready for work.

3. I love to get a good deal, especially on my kids clothes. I enjoy shopping clearance racks in the "off" season. I like to spend less than consignment prices for brand new items. I occasionally find a good deal at a consignment sale, but it has to beat the off season price in order for me to buy it!

4. Song lyrics seem to imprint permanently on my brain. I retain them, both good and bad, for a very long time after hearing a song only once. My latest favorite is Trace Adkins "You're Gonna Miss This." I actually cried when I heard it the other day! What a powerful message...treasure each phase, especially the one you are in!

5. My favorite vacation spot is definitely the beach with nice sand and pretty water!

6. We got married on the beach in Cancun, Mexico on December 12, 2000. Well, technically we got married in the Faculty Library of the McInteer Bible Building at Harding University by Joe Brumfield on December 12, 2000. Our "wedding" (you know, white dress, tux, horse drawn carriage, gazebo on the beach, etc.) was in Cancun on December 14, 2000! We celebrate on the 12th for those of you who were wondering.

7. Twelve is my favorite number. My Birthday is June 12th. David's Birthday is September 12th. We were married on December 12th. Mackenzie was born on August 24th. Josiah was born on May 24th. Appropriate, right? Since two 12's equals 24, he,he. :)

Well, that's 7 VERY random things about me. I am suppose to keep the game going...so here are the rules:

--Link to the person who tagged you.
--Post the rules in your blog entry.
--Share 7 random, or weird, facts about yourself.
--Tag 7 random people at the end of the post, linking to them.
--Leave a comment on their blog so that they know they’ve been tagged.

I am tagging:
Sara
Cindy
Ginger
Kara
Hannah
Holly
Amanda

4 comments:

Sara said...

I didn't realize you had an obsession with the number 12!!! How funny.

Ginger said...

I too love getting a good deal on kids clothes. I find it very exciting!! And I thought your birthday was in April!

Shellie Salza said...

I love learning random things about friends. I would have never known you were not a morning person. I am 100% with you on the vacations in warm, sandy, pretty water places!

Cindy said...

I just listed my 7 things, but I don't think I followed the rules exactly. How do I link to (you) the person who tagged me? (By the way, thanks for tagging me...you know how I love those lists!)