Monday, April 14, 2008

Toddler Bed

My proud little man!
Cheesin' for the camera while holding his chocolate milk in his toddler bed!

Alright, Everyone, I'm tired now. This bed is just right for me.

Sigh. This could be a very emotional post, but I am tired tonight, so it will be short instead! During what was supposed to be his nap time, Josiah began yelling from his crib, "Momma, Come 'ere!" over and over. Typically, I do not check on him when he yells during nap time. I just let him have some time to decide to take his nap. This usually happens within a few minutes, sometimes longer...today he had been in his crib for about 30 minutes when he started yelling for me to "come 'ere." For whatever reason, I decided to go check on him. Now I have to tell you, I believe children really do have angels watching over them, and today just adds to that belief! Josiah, at 22 months old, was perched on TOP of the crib railing in the corner of his crib. He had one hand and one foot on the headboard, and the other hand and foot on the side railing. Notice the word "ON." I do mean ON TOP OF the railing. His entire being was on top of the crib rails! Only his angels could have kept him from crashing down right into the corner of the wooden toy box that sits below. I am one thankful Momma that my little boy was not hurt! I retrieved him first, then immediately called David to share the crazy event with him. Needless to say, David put the toddler bed up and took down the crib tonight. My "baby" just graduated from a crib to a toddler bed. Whoa. Where has the time gone? It was time, though. Josiah adores Mackenzie's twin "big girl" bed. He, too, was ready for a big kid bed. Thanks to Papa & Lili for the toddler bed that Mackenzie has outgrown and Josiah is now enjoying!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

At least you had a toddler bed handy! Braedon's kind of stopped his adventurous climbing, so I'm hoping we won't have any disasters.

Did he sleep there all night?

Ginger said...

Wow! That is crazy! Glad he wasn't hurt. Ryan is staying in his crib for as long as possible. I hope he won't get any crazy ideas from Josiah- hehe! So, did he stay in it all night?

April said...

Yes, he did stay in it all night! David put him in his toddler bed, awake, after rocking him as usual. We did not hear from him until 7am this morning. I just hope he continues to stay in bed and sleep like he's supposed to! I really think he will...we'll see.

Sara said...

Glad the night went smoothly. Laura transitioned well to her toddler bed at the ripe age of 3. I kept her in the crib as long as possible!!!