Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mud Bath!



David has been digging a "barbeque pit" in the backyard for our grill. FYI: vinyl siding melts and warps if you use a grill up against a house! No, we did not learn that ourselves...that tidbit is courtesy of the people who owned the house before us! He, he. Thanks to our home inspector, the warped siding was replaced at no cost to us! So, David is digging a pit...and it rained last night. The kids were delighted with the "mud pool!" I could not resist grabbing the camera, though snapshots do not even begin to do justice to the fun they had together in the mud pool today. Watching them play took me back to my own childhood. I loved playing in the mud! My parents were very good to allow us (my brother, Evan, and me) to play in the mud and enjoy being a kid. Of course, growing up on a farm provided many opportunities to enjoy the mud!!!
What are some fun memories from your own childhood?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

What fun...it's good to let them be wild now and then! I remember as a kid making "soup" outside. This consisted of an old ice cream pail filled with water and bits of anything I chose to include...grass, leaves, rocks, gravel, etc. I don't think I ever tried to eat it, thank goodness!