Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dental Day!

Mackenzie and I went to the dentist office today. I know this sounds crazy, but we both really enjoy getting our teeth cleaned! I have been going to this office every 6 months for the past 5 1/2 years...which is ever since we moved here to Knoxville. I took Mackenzie to see "Mrs. Scarlett" for the first time just after she turned 3 years old; Mackenzie loves Scarlett. This was Mackenzie's second routine cleaning, but she "gets" to go (per her own request!) with David or me whenever we go for our own check-ups, too! What would have made a funny picture is me laying in the chair with Mackenzie perched on my belly/chest as she peered intently into my mouth so as not to miss a thing while Scarlett cleaned my teeth today! Ha. Our secret for Mackenzie's love of "the dentist"...SCARLETT!!! We all love her. She is an excellent dental hygienist, fabulous with people, and becoming a wonderful friend, too! :) I just love this picture of Mackenzie with Scarlett.
Just capturing the action...for the blog, of course!
Mackenzie likes the raspberry toothpaste so much that she insisted I use it today, too! I did. It was good! No more regular mint for me. Ha, ha.
I'm not sure you can tell...but Mackenzie is smiling up at Scarlett with a look of admiration and love in this picture. So precious. Can you believe how little Mackenzie looks in that big chair? Yet she is so big in so many ways these days. I am amazed at Scarlett's ability to scrape (sorry, don't know the technical term!), brush, and even floss Mackenzie's teeth while receiving Mackenzie's full cooperation! Scarlett is excellent with pediatrics...and she is not even working in a pediatric office...but we sure are glad she is "ours." :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

Mackenzie,
Hi it's Laura and I love you so much. Were you good at the dentist? It's a great day! You have a great day.
Laura

Shellie Salza said...

I love it! She is so adorable. I've never even taken Adison, is that bad?!

Kim said...

These pictures are great. I have to take Miss Kennedy for her first visit and I hope she does half as well as Mackenzie!
Kim