Monday, October 20, 2008

He Dropped and Her Skin

Yes, Folks, he shopped till he dropped. Josiah was actually asleep at the mall on Saturday night. Too funny! :)

Mackenzie (age 4 yo) and I had a conversation one afternoon last week. I love the innocence of her questions that seem to come right out of the blue.
Mackenzie: Mom, when will I get to have black skin like other people do?
Me: Well, your skin won't ever be dark.
Mackenzie: Why not?
Me: One or both of your biological parents would have to have dark skin in order for you to have dark skin, and your daddy and me both have light skin. So, your skin is light, too. Besides, God made you just how He wanted you to be.
Mackenzie: Oh. (Satisfied and moved on to another random topic!)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

That is one of the most puzzling blog post titles I've ever seen! Ha ha! Had to check it out!

I remember when I was a little girl, at different times wanting to be black or have glasses or be a boy. I guess it's that curiosity about what everyone else is like! Mackenzie is great!

April said...

Cindy, it really is a weird title! I debated about coming up with a better title...but, alas, I did not have time to think a better one up...and the one post is about two totally different subjects. I couldn't figure which subject to mention and which to leave out of the title. Oh, well! :)

Sara said...

Your title certainly caught my attention. I was expecting it to be something one of your kids said.

The pic of Josiah hunched over was so cute. Sometimes I wish I could just sit back in a stroller and ride, then fall asleep without a care of what is going on around me. Ahh, the life of a child. Sometimes I miss those days...

Sara said...

Laura questioned the other day also about having black skin because two little girls at her school are African American. I guess it is just an age to question those things.

I agree with Sara, I want to sleep in a stroller w/o a care in the world! Pretty funny.