Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Wonderful Visit

My Papa New traveled over from Arkansas to visit us this weekend! My mom was coming to visit and he did not want her traveling alone (Mark was at a mission conference out of state). So...it just worked out beautifully for us, as we enjoyed Friday evening and all day Saturday with both my mom and my papa. We're sorry Grannie did not feel up to traveling, and that Mzee could not be here this time, but we certainly enjoyed Papa and Nona! :)
Just relaxing and working puzzles.

We enjoyed a lunch at Calhoun's. Mackenzie wanted to hold Papa's hand. (This is her Great Grandpa, by the way!)


And this is what she did many, many times during the weekend!



She just loved cuddling with Papa!





6 comments:

Sara said...

I am so glad that you had such a great visit. I'm sure those moments made fond memories for you and your kiddos. I especially love the sweet photos of Mackenzie with her great-grandpa. What a treasure to have those!

Cindy said...

Looks like lots of fun! The pictures remind me of some I have of me with my Gramps (he looked a lot like your Papa and I looked a lot like Mackenzie at that age!) Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

Aww, April-that is priceless. So glad you all enjoyed your visit!

Sara said...

Very special pictures and memories. Some of my favorite pics are of my grandpa holding Laura or Grant. Those are ones I know I'll treasure the most!

Allison said...

Relationships with grandparents and great grandparents are so special. What great pics you got of such a sweet visit.

Cindy said...

Looks like Mackenzie really does love her great grandpa!! Such sweet shots. I am so glad my 2 girls got the opporutnity to know their great-grandmother while my parents were caring for her. I wouldn't trade the pictures I have of the girls with her for anything in the world. I remember also that my grandmother was at the hospital when Allison was born and she was able to hold Allison when she was just a couple of hours old. The look on her face was something I'll never forget. I know you treasure these times.