Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Last Saturday David, Mackenzie, Josiah, and I went to a pumpkin patch. We had a fun day. Here are a bunch of pictures! On our way to pick the perfect pumpkins, we enjoyed a fun hayride! This was the first hayride the kids have ever been on; I think they enjoyed it.
Me and my little girl.
My two kids searching for the perfect pumpkins.
Josiah was really on a mission. He later told us he was looking for one just his size. He said most of the pumpkins were too big and he had to find one he could pick up by himself. Too funny!
Mackenzie playing the pumpkin like it was a drum!
Josiah did find one he could carry...but after awhile it got too heavy and Daddy ended up carrying it for him!
Josiah proudly holding his little pumpkin. He did find one that he could carry after all!
So. Here they are...the perfect pumpkins! Mackenzie's thought was: "Hurry up and take the picture. I can't hold this much longer!" It was obviously heavy. ;)

Here's the wagon that transported us to and from the pumpkin patch.
Me and my kiddos on the hayride back towards the farm's entrance.
Josiah in the corn kernel play area.
Mackenzie in the corn kernel play area.
It was sort of like a giant sandbox filled with corn instead of sand! The kids loved it. This place had a ton of activities for the kids that were totally free. They enjoyed the corn box, sand box, a maze made of hay bales, a bounce house, spin art, and even face painting. (Reading back through this I realize my last two sentences may be misleading...while there were several activities that were totally free, the face painting ($5) and spin art ($2) were not. However, the hayride was included with the purchase of a pumpkin for $6 total! Just wanted to clarify for those of you planning to go sometime soon.)

My camera battery died so I did not get a picture of the face painting until much later in the day when we got home. It's a little smeared here, but you get the idea. She had wanted to have her face painting for quite some time now, but we had never had the opportunity before this day. She chose the butterfly trail.

A fun day with lots of fun activities. I highly recommend it to anyone in this area! :) Happy Fall, Everyone!



6 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

I LOVE fall and all the fun stuff that comes with it! Glad you guys had such a fun time! McKenzie and Josiah sure are cuties.

Sara said...

We went out to Oakes Farm one year with Laura. It was a lot of fun and a beautiful area with the mountains in the background. I miss the scenery of Knoxville!!

You got some cute kiddos!!

Kim said...

I love this time of year-pumpkin patches is one of the reason! I love that you guys got to go on a hay ride! And just love Mackenzie's face paint.

Cindy said...

What fun! I love Josiah's weird warty pumpkin...so funny that he liked that one. ;) I went on Will's field trip to the Fruit and Berry Patch pumpkin patch today...so look for my post soon, too! It's that time of year. You just can't beat pumpkin pictures!

Cindy said...

What fun pictures! I wanted to ask you about your visit to that pumpkin patch last night at church, but didn't get the opportunity. Your pictures tell the story perfectly. I think we're going to try to take the girls next weekend.

Melanie said...

What great pictures! Matt and I have been going to Oakes Farm for several years and loved adding Carter to the mix! We are going on our annual trip this next weekend. I hope the weather is as nice for us as is was for you!