Monday, October 13, 2008

Pics and French Braids

We weren't able to get a picture of all four of us together last week, so we decided to go to a different location this afternoon and snap some more pictures! I do think the colors of fall leaves and bright orange pumpkins make wonderful backdrops.

Josiah held tight to his football even as he searched for a baby pumpkin for $1!
Mackenzie had just woken up from a nap. I love how peaceful her expression is in this picture!
So. It happened. My four year old girl asked me to french braid her hair. No big deal, right? Wrong. I don't know how to french braid! I was so excited that she asked me to french braid her hair, "just like Avery's Momma does hers," that I gave it a shot anyway. I assure you, the job I did cannot compare to how Avery's Momma does it! She has four girls and is an expert at french braiding...I'll be visiting with her sometime soon. :) In the meantime...my attempt was not too bad for a first attempt without guidance. HA.
Mackenzie was pleased that I tried. I really am excited that she is wanting to fix her hair these days. For a long time it was just everywhere pretty much all the time. Sometimes it still is, but not nearly so often!

7 comments:

Sara said...

The leaves look so pretty!!! And of course your family looks wonderful. I LOVE M's frenchbraid..you did awesome for the first time. I can teach you if you don't learn before we make it up there!!

April said...

Sara, I'd LOVE for you to teach me! Any idea which days you get to be here just yet?! I can't wait!!! :)

Ginger said...

I love that Mackenzie wants her hair frenchbraided and love you for trying so hard!! It did look pretty good for a 1st try. I always think frenchbraids look so neat and classy.

Kim said...

Great family picture! And, I love her hair-great job. I have 2 girls and am the least girly girl I know. I, too, will have to hone up on braiding skills!

Nicole said...

I think your french braid came out great! Love the family pictures! ( I got Braedon the same shirt for Halloween.)

Amanda said...

Love the french braid. Where's Louisa when you need her? I remember french braiding during several recesses in elementary school. Oh, the good ole days.

Kara said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful hair for Mackenzie. I think you did a terrific job! Laura won't let me touch her hair with a ten foot pole! We'll be there for UT Homecoming, Lord willing, and I hope we can get to see you! Love you!