Thursday, December 18, 2008

Anniversary Weekend Trip

This past weekend we spent one night in Pigeon Forge. Both kids tried ice skating at Ober Gatlinburg for the first time. I was shocked that they BOTH wanted to try it, and even more shocked at how balanced they were on the ice! All four of us thoroughly enjoyed it.
Here's a picture of Mackenzie and me ice skating together. :)

Here's a picture of the kids "doing it by themselves" with me nearby...just in case!
(They did come away from the railing some, too!)
Josiah "skating" by himself. :) (with a little help from the railing, of course!)

Mackenzie and Josiah in front of the toy solider at The Inn at Christmas Place.

The Glockenspiel in the two story lobby inside The Inn at Christmas Place. It really worked, too! Every hour the two elves strike the bell, Santa comes out of the top, and the clock sings two Christmas carols.

The kids going up the stairs in the lobby with the clock in the background. I just love clocks! Especially cuckoo clocks!

The kids peering over the railing at the elegant nativity scene high up in the lobby.

Up close of the nativity scene in the lobby.

Then to Dollywood at Christmastime! I rode in one elephant with Mackenzie; David and Josiah rode in another one. It was raining, so we did not have to wait in line at all! We just walked right up and got on any ride we wanted to...very, very nice. :)

And since there were no lines...the kind man operating the Lemon Twist (i.e., Tea Cups) took the time to take a picture for us! I thought this one of all four of us in the teacup turned out pretty good. :) We had a fun weekend...then we came home...Mackenzie had her first ever school Christmas program on Tuesday, then came home and she and Josiah both began vomiting late Tuesday night...all night long...and into the day on Wednesday...nice.
(More posts to come with some pics from her Christmas program...)

6 comments:

Nicole said...

The "teacup" picture did come out great! Sounds like you had a great trip!

Erika said...

What a fun weekend! I had never even considered taking Sie skating. I think you may have inspired me!
Great pics!

Sara said...

It all sounds fun up until the vomiting. That bug has been going around Searcy as well and I pray everyday that we don't get it again this year.

Did your mom and Mark still get to come?? I hope so..I know you were looking forward to it.

Kim said...

What a great trip! And no lines-sweet!

Cindy said...

I hadn't considered ice skating yet either...hmmm. Something to ponder.

So sorry the kids were so sick! Ugh! Sam doesn't feel good today, so I'm afraid of what's to come!

Cindy said...

I love that clock!!! Looks like a beautiful place to stay, and sounds like you guys packed in a lot of fun over the weekend. So sorry the kids were sick at the end. Hope you and David managed to stay well.