Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day at the Dentist

Miss Scarlett cleaning Mackenzie's teeth.
Mackenzie was soo excited she just couldn't wait! She went first today. She began asking about a month ago if she could go see Miss Scarlett because it had been so long since last time! Too funny; we go once every six months, so it really had not been all that long...but when you're four years old, six months is a long time. I am very pleased that Mackenzie was excited and ready to go see the dentist. Thanks to Miss Scarlett, a wonderful (understatement) dental hygienist, Mackenzie's view of going to the dentist is extremely positive!!!
Next came Josiah's turn...this was his very first time!!! He was reluctant to get in the big chair by himself, but sat readily and happily in my lap in the chair. Yep, this is a pretty funny picture...not the world's best view of me...but I had to post it as it truly captures Josiah's first experience quite well. :) Again, thanks to Miss Scarlett, the tone has been set for a very positive view of the dental office for Josiah, too. He giggled and opened his mouth in response to Miss Scarlett's questions about whether he had any teeth, how many teeth, are they ticklish, etc. I am amazed that, at 2 1/2 years of age, Josiah sat still while Miss Scarlett cleaned his teeth and even flossed some, too! Impressive on the part of both Josiah and Miss Scarlett. The dentist was fabulous, too! He really had a special way with kids; he listened to them and played peek-a-boo before even entering the exam room.

Close up of Josiah's first dental check-up.

Proud little boy with his sticker! Yes, he is bare foot. I guess he felt quite comfortable and made himself right at home!

My two kids at the end of our day at the dentist office.
(Okay, so we were just there for a couple of hours, not all day!) They played nicely in the corner while I got my teeth cleaned, too! Ahhh...I do love the feeling of clean teeth. :)

5 comments:

Kim said...

I love these pictures, April! Especially the one of you holding Josiah-what a great idea. We've got to take Kennedy and I'm wishing she had Miss Mackenzie's enthusiasm for it. If the 2 of us fit, I may be holding her!

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Looks like they did great! Love these pics!

Cindy said...

You crack me up with your dentist visit posts!! I never thought of bringing the camera along. (This from the one who blogged her entire dental history for all to see!) Sam had his first visit last week and did really well, too. No cavities! (Wish I were so lucky!)

Improvedliving said...

well i scare to go to dentist.



dentistry

Cindy said...

Wow! Sounds like you have a great dentist. I gather he's not a pediatric dentist since you had your teeth cleaned there. We have an appointment scheduled the first of the year. It will be our first visit! I'm taking both girls, so it should be interesting. Hope we have a positive experience also.