Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sling Shot

Last night we went to the mall. The kids were very interested in the "sling shot" bungee system. We were shocked that they both wanted to try it! The lady strapped Mackenzie in and she was ready to jump. Timid at first until she began to trust the security of the system. Then she jumped for all she was worth! The picture below does not quite capture the height to which she reached. She went higher than the ceiling of the first floor, nearing the top of the elevator in the background. The pictures just don't do it justice.


They have two sling shot systems, side by side, so both kids were able to jump at the same time. Josiah was very timid at first. Then he looked up at me and proudly said, "I am big enough, Momma!" He got the hang of jumping, though he certainly did not reach the same heights as Mackenzie! He was doing good just to leave the trampoline and make it a couple feet in the air.

They both enjoyed it! David and I had a blast watching them. Mackenzie is already requesting that we go to the "triangular mall" again soon. ;)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I love the smile on Mackenzie's face in that first picture. Looks like tons of fun for her. I enjoyed spending some time with her at H2H group Sunday night talking about your Christmas tree and Christmas. She's such a sweet little lady. Both of your children are fun to be around. I'm glad we have had the opportunity to spend time with your family.

Cindy said...

Wow...did your heart just about drop to your toes when they first jumped?? Mine would! But it does look like fun...I'd love to try it myself, if I knew no one was observing! :)

Kim said...

AWESOME! That is so cool!

Ginger said...

Wow! Very brave kids!