Friday, December 19, 2008

Starbucks, Please


I mentioned in my last post that both kids were sick starting Tuesday night...well, first thing Wednesday morning, after vomiting ALL NIGHT LONG (as in 9+ times in one night), Mackenzie pipes up and says, "I know what will make me feel better, Momma! A Starbucks frappuccino!" We all fell apart in a fit of laughter. As sick as she was and she wanted a Starbucks frappuccino?! As soon as we calmed down enough for her to get another word in, she said, "Please, Momma, I just know it will make me feel better."
I certainly couldn't deny her request! :) I showered, dressed, and was off to Starbucks on a mission. Mission accomplished. Request filled. And if my memory serves me correctly, Mackenzie has not vomited since then! Josiah, on the other hand, has continued vomiting...even today. Sigh. I am thankful that so far the rest of us are still well. Neither child is 100% yet, but they do seem to be improving. :) (BTW, it was a vanilla bean that is caffeine free!)
So, the picture I uploaded for this post is of Mzee helping the kids with a wooden airplane craft project. I uploaded it because if you look closely, you'll see that Starbucks drink, one on either side of Mackenzie. (One was hers and one Josiah's...Starbucks will let you pay for one bigger drink and separate it into two smaller cups at no additional cost...FYI that saves money and still gets a drink for both kids!) ;)
(Oh, yeah. I should give a shout out to my mom and Mark for all the extra assistance cleaning up loads and loads of vomit. I'm not sure how we would have survived without their help!)

3 comments:

Sara said...

Starbucks can make anyone feel better..glad it worked for Mackenzie. Hope Josiah is soon to recover as well. Enjoy your visit!

Shellie Salza said...

That's my kind of girl! Coffee can cure just about anything. Glad she's feeling better and hope Josiah is not far behind! Tell Mzee we say, "Hello!"

Cindy said...

I can't believe Josiah is still sick! Poor little guy! Funny story...not sure mine even know what Starbucks is...then again, we're not coffee drinkers to begin with! Ha ha! Good post!