Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary, David

We have had a wonderful eight years together today!
We celebrate our anniversary on December 12th every year, as that is the day we were married...though our wedding was in Cancun, Mexico two days later! We both love the number 12, so we had our legal ceremony on the day we wanted for our anniversary. Due to my final exam schedule, we could not leave for Cancun until the 14th to actually have our wedding. Sure saved a lot of money by not paying all the legal fees in Mexico! Ha. The picture above is of Joe Brumfield, a dear friend and our marriage counselor, officiating for us in the faculty library of the McInteer Bible building on Harding University's campus.

Joe Brumfield is in the middle, with our two witnesses (aka, our brothers, Zac Watson and Evan Long) in the faculty library.

Evan, me, David, and Zac

The official paperwork completed and the rings in place! Yippee! :)
Sometime between now and the 14th, I'll post our "wedding" pictures, too. :)
Just thought it'd be fun to share our story and the pictures from our legal anniversary day.
David, I am blessed beyond words to have you as my husband. I am thankful for you daily. I am thankful to have you as my husband. I am thankful to be your wife. I am thankful that our children have you as their daddy. You are still the one that I would choose to marry if I were making the decision today. I have enjoyed these past eight years with you, and I look forward to each day God gives us together. May He always guide and direct our marriage as we strive to serve Him in all that we do. I love you!!!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Well...I never knew that interesting fact about your secret, clandestine marriage! :) Just kidding...what a great post! So glad you let us in on that bit of Watson family trivia! Happy Anniversary you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a neat story :) Happy Anniversary!

Cindy said...

What a neat story! How cool to get married in jeans!:) And how neat to have your brothers as your witnesses. I was in a wedding at Harding during Thanksgiving vacation one year. As I think about it, I can't remember exactly where it was, seems like it was in a chapel maybe above the student center??!! That was quite a few years back and my memory is very fuzzy!:)
Happy Anniversary!

Ginger said...

Great, great story! Happy Anniversary to you both!

Rachel said...

I never knew that David's parents missed the wedding. So sorry that happened! I hope you weren't too worried, and I'm very glad they made it safely! I think your wedding was perfect, and when I marry Marcus again on our ???th anniversary, we're going to do the same thing!