Monday, January 19, 2009

Snow

The kids were thrilled to actually get to sled this morning, though we still didn't have a ton of snow. Shortly after going outside, Mackenzie realized she really did need her coat...like I had said...so we went in to put it on. She was frustrated as her coat did not go on easily. Then she had a meltdown. You know, the kind that's loud enough for all the neighbors to hear... Well. To make a long story short, she ended up playing (ahem, getting two on one attention) from our wonderful neighbors while Josiah and I enjoyed the snow! She was a happy camper at their house. Josiah and I had snow ball fights and I pulled him around our yard on the sled. We all had fun, thanks to the help of my neighbors. ;)
Here's Josiah on the sled!

Up close of my snowy little boy.
Now if I may brag for a moment...Josiah spelled his name this morning! I was playing around and said, "How old are you?" He said, "I'm two and a half." I said, "What is your name?" He said, "J-O-S-I-A-H!" I completely expected him to say, "Josiah," or "Siah," or "Siah Biah" as he so often does, but instead he spelled his name! I was excited. He could have done this a few months ago, but would only say "I-A-H." Today was the first day where he said the whole thing.
And to brag on Mackenzie...she is now reading sentences such as "Fill it up, Cal," and "Mom got gas," and "Sam met Tom," and "Hit it, Pam!" Yes, that's the A Beka curriculum Little Book's! We're both having fun with words these days. :)
I'm proud of my kiddos and enjoying God's creation...both indoors and out! :)



2 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

I think extreme heat or cold bring out those "oh so fun" moments with our kids! Glad Josiah got to enjoy the snow and Mackenzie enjoyed playing with neighbors!

It's wonderful to watch them grow and learn! They're little geniuses!

Kim said...

These pics are great-how fun!