Saturday, August 8, 2009

Avery's Birthday!

Tomorrow is Avery's (Mackenzie's dear friend) 5th Birthday, and Mackenzie was thrilled to be invited to celebrate with her today! I love this picture of Mackenzie and Avery together!
Here is Avery blowing the candles out. (Yes, her attentive parents rescued her hair before it caught on fire.) ;)

And here's the girls celebrating together as Avery "adopts" her baby doll for her birthday! What a cute party and neat idea! All the girls enjoyed the games and celebration. Afterwards, Mackenzie got to go home with Avery's family!! She was completely excited and had a great time. Meanwhile, I got to go shopping all by myself!!!!! Thanks to Avery's family for taking care of Mackenzie, and thanks to David for spending some one-on-one time with Josiah. I can't believe Mackenzie is old enough to go home from the mall with a friend by herself!

David and Josiah spent some time in stores, then they went to feed the ducks and play at a park. Apparently, they stayed busy. This is where I found Josiah when I arrived home this afternoon...
...sound asleep on the stairs!

5 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

I know you know this and I say it all the time, but your kids are gorgeous!! I LOVE the stair sleeper pic!

Thanks for the reassurance about our friends. It brings tears to my eyes every time I think about what they had to go through...so traumatic! Your post made me feel much better!

Holly Aytes said...

I have a picture of Caleb asleep on the stairs too! He is wearing underwear, t-shirt and rain boots, it is one of my priceless pictures :) Where did Avery have her bday party?

Cindy said...

The stairs picture reminded me of Holly's kids...always falling asleep in strange places! Mine never do that. One time, though, when my sister was little, she fell asleep under the seats at the bowling alley! Crazy!

Erika said...

Love the pictures! They have gotten so big so fast! The one of J on the stairs is priceless!

April said...

Holly, the party was at a store called "Special Delivery" in East Towne Mall.