Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday, Mackenzie!

It is hard to believe my baby girl is FIVE years old today. While she's at school (Kindergarten!), I'm updating the blog! We celebrated her birthday at The Little Ponderosa on Saturday morning. She wanted a My Little Pony party, complete with real pony rides! My precious baby girl.
Here she is this morning, on our way out the door to school. I had to take a picture of the birthday girl on her birthday! (We'll have a small celebration at home this evening, too.)

Mackenzie feeding the goats on Saturday.

Josiah feeding the goats.

Avery, Mackenzie, and Lauren. Mackenzie was SO excited as everyone sang "Happy Birthday" that she could barely contain herself!

Blowing the candles out.

Josiah, Adde, Avery, Mackenzie, and Lauren

Allison, Josiah, Adde, Avery, Mackenzie, Lauren

Mackenzie enjoying her cake!

Josiah riding a pony.

I love that proud little face.

Mackenzie riding the pony.

You have to click on this to make it bigger to see the expression on her face, but she has her head back laughing. I love it!

I though the profile was pretty sweet, too.

Josiah, Avery, Adde, Mackenzie, Lauren, Allison

Mackenzie and Avery
(I love the fact that these girls were in MDO together last year, and they are now in the same K class!)
Mackenzie enjoying the swings.

Uncle Zac, who drove a long ways to join us for the party, enjoyed swinging with Mackenzie. :)
I love this picture!

Mackenzie hugging a baby goat.

Josiah posing for a picture with the goat...he said through laughter, "Mom! The goat's eating my pants!"

And, indeed, the goat was eating his pants!

Aaahh. That's better. The goat's even posing for this picture! (Notice Josiah protecting his pants.) ;)

Josiah, Mackenzie, and Uncle Zac

I took this picture after Mackenzie came home from school on Friday. I had just finished the cake before we picked her up. She was SO excited to see the cake. She declared, "Mom, my cake is just beautiful!" That made my day, as I'm obviously not a cake decorator. ;) I did have fun making it, though, and I just could not bring myself to pay a whopping $25 for a My Little Pony cake at a store. I enjoyed watching her climb up near the cake and just sit and admire it Friday evening! Ha. She really was pleased.
Happy Birthday to my precious Mackenzie. I just simply cannot believe that you are 5 years old. We are so thankful for you. You have been a blessing to us, and we are proud of you. I pray that you grow to know, love, serve, and honor the Lord in all that you do each day. Know always that you are loved.
Maybe later I'll post a baby picture of Mackenzie! We'll see how much time I have later... :)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

My girls had a lot of fun at Mackenzie's party. Thanks for including Allison. I took Lauren (and Allison) to Build a Bear today after her dr. appointment. She told one of the workers that it was her friend Mackenzie's birthday and her birthday today. Seems like everytime she has said it was her birthday she mentions that it is Mackenzie's, too! I'm thrilled that they are sweet friends and also enjoy the same special birthday. I am about ready for the celebrating to be over though!:) We are going to have cake and ice cream this evening and then I'll take treats to school with her tomorrow and we'll be finished! We are definitely on a sugar high right now!
Great pictures of the party. I'll send you a couple that I have of Mackenzie and Josiah at the Little Ponderosa.

Cindy said...

Lots of great pictures, as usual. Love the ones of Josiah and the goat! :) And the cake turned out great...way to go!!!

Happy, Happy Birthday, dear Mackenzie!