Sunday, August 30, 2009

Catching Up

We were truly delighted to have my dad and Lisa (Poppie and Lili) come to visit this weekend. We loved getting to see them, and we appreciated the extra help with the kids while I'm still recovering from surgery. Josiah would not stop playing long enough to smile for the camera, so we have a couple fun pics!
Josiah, just being himself, with Mackenzie, Lili, and Poppie. :)

And a couple weekends ago, we met up with my mom and Mark (Nona & Mzee) for a weekend getaway just before school started. We were able to spend two night in a hotel, with was great fun for everyone, especially the kids, and enjoy some time together. We even visited the zoo and did a little shopping! I love the above picture of my mom coming down the slide at the zoo. She and the kids had a great time! :)

Here is the best picture I got of Nona, Mzee, Mackenzie, and Josiah together that weekend. I wish I had snapped more pictures, but this one of them riding the carousel will have to do!
We are thankful for family and the wonderful memories made together.

1 comment:

Jared & Karen said...

Hey April! It was great to find your blogspot via fb. So sorry to hear you had appendicitis. Glad things turned out well. And, so great to see your mom and Mark in those pics! Your mom looks the same---young, vibrant, and beautiful. Your kids are precious and some of the most beautiful kids I've seen. =) It's great to re-connect!!!